A warm welcome to my website! I am an assistant professor for teaching and learning with intelligent systems at the University of Stuttgart. My interdisciplinary lab is part of the Cyber Valley ecosystem and connects education, psychology and computer science to develop intelligent educational technologies. Ongoing research projects cover basic and applied perspectives related to underlying cognitive processes, learner characteristics, and context factors. They involve, but are not limited to, the following aspects:
- Modeling and simulation of human cognition with cognitive and connectionist approaches
- Advanced statistical methods (e.g., multilevel models, time series, structural equation models)
- Distraction, interruption, and attention control in applied task settings
- Multimodal cognitive load assessment by performance, behavior, and physiology
- Effects of individual differences in human-computer interaction (e.g., age, gender, special needs)
- Computer-based working memory assessment with game-related approaches
Feel free to get in contact with me if you are interested in my research or want to work with me!